[development] Re: enterprise needs

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Feb 27 22:40:01 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:15:01AM -0600, Chris Johnson wrote:
> None of them abstract the database
> completely, really.  You still have to write database-specific SQL
> statements.

If abstraction libraries are being looked at, or the abstraction layer in
Drupal will be refactored, I encourage folks to look at PEAR's new MDB2
pacakge.  Very good abstraction, including table creation and alterations.

> A real abstraction would allow you to encapsulate the database objects as
> objects,

Personally, I'm prefer directly writing SQL over data objects.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/