[development] enterprise needs

Walt Daniels wdlists at optonline.net
Tue Feb 28 04:30:57 UTC 2006

There will always be security releases to older versions, which provide an
opportunity to roll in some other fixes (not new features). For instance
there is a severe problem that prevents 4.6 working with MySQL 5.12+ and
ISPs are converting to it. Since 4.7 is not even in beta yet this is a show
stopper. It also has problems on the CVS of a few days ago - I don't know
about current CVS.

IBM used to have (may still have) an issue escalation process that declared
some problems as "Severity 1" which put teams on solving it 24x7 until
fixed. Most current security bugs in Drupal are treated close to this
process. I think there are bugs which deserve a similar high priority, e.g.
the MySQL 5.12+ bug.