[development] unmaintained modules listing

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Tue Feb 28 16:57:26 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:
> Kobus Myburgh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a list of modules that are currently not maintained that needs to be maintained?
> >
> > I am starting to understand Drupal coding and modules a lot better now and would like to take on some of the modules without maintainers now. Can anybody point me to such a list? Or at least have an indication of how I can determine whether a module is maintained or not?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Kobus
> >

> no such list that i know of ... i think a sensible way to track this is
> to assign all unmaintained projects to a single user called
> 'unmaintained'. i just registered that user. then a custom php page
> could show these projects in a table. maybe you could write the PHP for
> such a page and gather up the list of modules. I can perform the edits
> to projects on drupal.org if you don't have edit permission.
>
> or someone else will volunteer for this task?

We can jumpstart this by creating a list:

- Modules belonging to authors who have not logged in in $DAYS/YEAR
- Modules that were not moved from Drupal $RELEASE 4.6.
- Modules with the last commit on $DATE, and hence would not work in
4.7 for sure.
- Incorporating download statistics and see those that have less
download than an average or those in the Nth percentile (I guess
Dries/Steven's help is needed here)
- Have a taxonomy term called unmaintained or abandoned or orphaned,
and assign those projects to them

Then we can update this page http://drupal.org/node/22572, or have a
PHP snippet that would list orphaned projects, and a blurb that says
you can claim any project from this list if you are interested in
taking it over.