[bcc][faked-from] Re: [development] Bridging PHP to Java or C++?

Mark Fredrickson mfredrickson at ppmns.org
Thu Jan 5 15:09:33 UTC 2006

>> For my Machine Learning toolkit, I'm looking to draw on the work of either
>> the Java Weka ML system or the MLC++ library.
> If you know Weka, then the best thing (IMO) is to use web services, rather
> than doing some php to java native integration.
> It is less esoteric.

This is the conclusion that I came to as well. It should be (relatively)
easy to wrap WEKA up in the Apache XML-RPC Java package
(http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/) and serve it either independently or via
Tomcat or another servlet framework.

If anyone is willing to be a source for answering my inevitable questions
about writing servlets, please contact me off-list. I've written a fair
amount of Java code, but I've never done any servlets specifically.

Thanks,
-Mark