[development] CVS accounts

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Mon Jan 9 03:44:43 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 12:38 am, Robert Douglass wrote:

> It would be helpful if there were some really good documentation on how
> to use Drupal to run a site like Drupal.org. I'd have to work pretty
> hard to set up the project module and cvs.module with my current skills,
> and not knowing exactly how Drupal.org runs and operates is another hurdle.

I just started using project module to keep track of my own work.  It seems
like a great tool to coordinate with the people I work with, and provide some
visibility to my clients.  I've just started to do this, it's still an
experiment for me.

My impression so far is the project module is not quite ready for public
consumption.  I say this because its short on documentation and there's a few
things about that seem very drupal.org specific.  For instance there's a
reference to url 'forum/18' with no easy way to change it.

But without too much pain I'm using it to track issues.  As I understand it
better I'll submit issues (and patches) to drupal.org.  All this module needs
is more users and a little time.

-Dave