[development] Re: [drupal:dries] /modules user.module

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Mon Jan 9 22:38:25 UTC 2006

Karoly Negyesi wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:52:02 +0100, Moshe Weitzman
> <weitzman at tejasa.com>  wrote:
>
>> Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>>
>>> Let me try again.
>>>  What I wanted to send is that we should either
>>>  a) delete the user and all of his content.
>>> b) block the user
>>>  If you delete the user and leave the content then you have broken
>>> attribution rights which is not a good idea.
>>>  Regards
>>>  NK
>>

>> - block the user and unpublish the content
>

> I like that...

This might not be sufficient under certain circumstances. Under German
(and maybe EUropean) privacy law, I can demand that my data be erased
completely.

Use case: an ecommerce site where you wish to cancel your acount for
some reason. Also, it might be required that the user's content be
deleted (say from a discussion board).

Cheers,
    Gerhard