[development] Re: the admin theme, profiles

Theodore Serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 10 04:12:47 UTC 2006

On 1/9/06, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com> wrote:
> Not silly. just look at wordpress! There are hundreds of potential sites where
> editing, adding, moderating content is considered *administration*.
> And believe it or not, the node forms are often even harder to theme right,
> then the admin/ pages, esp on fancy layouts.

Actually, this is one of Drupal's biggest strengths. I have a client
that had Wordpress but to manage content you had to go into admin,
find the article, then edit it. But it is *far* easier to traverse
your site logged in, goto the page you want and edit it. 10 to 1, it
is far easier for your client to find the page they want to edit on
the website visually then it is to search for it.

Now, however, should it be themed differently? Entirely different, but
I do agree, admin/ is really the admin area. When you edit a node, I
think it can be more visually appealing and have some sort of 'admin
border' or whatever you may have it, to make things stand out a bit
more. As to what, well as we all say, code is gold, so I'll have
something soon.

ted