[development] Re: the admin theme, profiles

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Jan 10 08:50:05 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 10 januari 2006 05:12, schreef Theodore Serbinski:
> On 1/9/06, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com> wrote:
> > Not silly. just look at wordpress! There are hundreds of potential sites
> > where editing, adding, moderating content is considered *administration*.
> > And believe it or not, the node forms are often even harder to theme
> > right, then the admin/ pages, esp on fancy layouts.
>
> Actually, this is one of Drupal's biggest strengths. I have a client
> that had Wordpress but to manage content you had to go into admin,
> find the article, then edit it. But it is *far* easier to traverse
> your site logged in, goto the page you want and edit it. 10 to 1, it
> is far easier for your client to find the page they want to edit on
> the website visually then it is to search for it.
>
> Now, however, should it be themed differently? Entirely different, but
> I do agree, admin/ is really the admin area. When you edit a node, I
> think it can be more visually appealing and have some sort of 'admin
> border' or whatever you may have it, to make things stand out a bit
> more. As to what, well as we all say, code is gold, so I'll have
> something soon.

Well, even if you are completely right, and I am utterly wrong. The point I
tried to stress is that we should *give people the power to choose for
themselves*. If drupal ships with a hardcoded admin theme and area,
the first thing we will here a dozn times is "how can I make page foo/bar look
like the onse in admin?"

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net