[development] let's cleanup /misc

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue Jan 10 13:20:36 UTC 2006

On 10 Jan 2006, at 6:48 AM, Theodore Serbinski wrote:

> However, if a web based installer becomes a reality, we can still use
> the above scheme and have all module specific CSS and JS files go into
> sites/<host>/javascript etc for easy loading, if need be. It would
> make it easier in that case, but, on second thought, is that more
> beneficial then keeping them in their respective module folder?
> Probably not, but food for thought.
It is much much simpler keeping all of a module's files in the same
directory,
as manually installing and uninstalling modules would become a multi-
step process.

that's wrong.

all packages (themes , modules, libraries (includes)) files will live
in their own directories
in the install system.

To try and do anything else adds an incredible amount of complexity.

This is the difference between the OSX (.app directory) and Unix way
of doing things.

The OSX way is far far simpler, and much much cleaner.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy