[development] Static Page Caching

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Tue Jan 10 19:28:27 UTC 2006

At 4:38 PM +0100 10/1/06, Karoly Negyesi wrote:

>Well, I do not know. Given the price of RAM and the ease of integrating
>memcached into Drupal... I have code under testing, I'll release it soon.

I did some benchmarking [1] of storing the menu tree in APC and
concluded that the way we're doing it is just fine.

The only thing you're going to save with APC or memcached is the
database query and I think it would be an unusual use case where
the complexity of APC was worthwhile to save one query per page.

 ...Richard.

[1] http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2005-11/msg00896.html