[development] Static Page Caching

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Tue Jan 10 15:38:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:21:45 +0100, Mike Gifford <mike at openconcept.ca>
wrote:

> On 9-Jan-06, at 4:22 PM, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
>> http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/jeremy/
>> filecache/?hideattic=0
>> would be great if you reimplemented this in modern drupal and submitted
>> for core review.
>
> Like many enhancements to Drupal, having them would be great.  However,
> I would really like to know if this is seen as a general need in this
> community or not.

Well, I do not know. Given the price of RAM and the ease of integrating
memcached into Drupal... I have code under testing, I'll release it soon.

I think Dries is right -- we need a caching API and insert the possibility
to cache lots of stuff. For example, I have a big, big taxonomy which very
rarely changes, it's a waste to process it again and again in
taxonomy_get_tree so I store the structure for that vocabulary in
memcached. And so on.

Regards

NK