[development] Re: [drupal:dries] /modules contact.module

Stefan drupal-devel at istyledthis.nl
Sat Jan 14 18:50:47 UTC 2006

Op 14-jan-2006, om 19:38 heeft Karthik het volgende geschreven:

> On 14/01/06, Stefan <drupal-devel at istyledthis.nl> wrote:
>> IMO this patch introduced even more inconsistencies in core than we
>> already had..
>> Look at the way this patch dealed with HTML-tags inside the _help().
>> We never did that this way..
>>
>> %category is IMO user submitted data, which is NOT translatable
>> through drupal! It isn't now, and should never be wrapped through t
>> ().
>
> This is my patch. Please check:
> http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/drupal/modules/contact.module?
> r1=1.39&r2=1.40
>
> You will notice that this is not introducing *more* inconsistencies in
> core.. These inconsitencies were already there.
>
> Please also check:
> http://drupal.org/node/39135#comment-65669
>
> where I've stated that I don't understand at this point in time what
> the best practices are for the usage of url() and l(), and I'm also
> unsure of adding markup to t() calls - I'm told that it's accepted,
> but that I should keep it to a minimum. I've left all the URL calls in
> the _help t() calls as they are until I've done some reading up..
Now, the contact.module is the *only* module which completely moves
translatable string. When I proposed this before, there was a lot of
noise around this. It wasn't acceptable, logical and not the right
way todo it.

I don't care how we handle with  it, but we should handle it all the
same. If we do this in contact.module, we do this everywhere
otherwise I vote for reversing this patch..

This is not consistent with the rest of core drupal..

Steef
---
Stefan Nagtegaal
Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl