[development] Activate/Deactivate hooks for modules

David Reed dreed10 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:47:24 UTC 2006

I find my self longing for Activate and Deactivate hooks for modules.  These
hooks would run only when the module is activated or deactivated in the
admin/modules form This would give module developers a convenient place to
run on-time setup code (e.g. database setup) and a place to do cleanup once
their module was deactivated.

If there's interest I could create a patch for discussion.  Is there another
easy way to accomplish these types of setup and cleanup tasks?