[development] Re: Why Drupal 4.7 is late? (long)

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon Jan 16 09:13:50 UTC 2006

On 15 Jan 2006, at 8:21 PM, Karoly Negyesi wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:17:14 +0100, Earl Dunovant
> <prometheus6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you're talking form api problems exclusively, I think I have
>> enough of a
>> grip to be useful. Is there any way I can identify them specifically?
>
> besides the obvious 'form' and 'edit' keyword I'm looking out for
> 'save' 'validation' , names of elements (checkbox, radio etc) and
> then just gut instinct, this http://drupal.org/node/44265 issue
> makes me think "hmm does the login submit work correctly? is the
> goto there?".

I have a patch here that moves the goto out of the _submit functions
and into drupal_submit_form.

The issue is that we allow you to have multiple submit functions, but
the way it's coded now the first submit
function you call very likely redirects you.

The patch introduces a return value of the path to be redirected to
for _submit function.

It's almost done and I will upload it soon, my question is ..

do you think it's a realistic default to force a drupal_goto() after
all successful form submissions, as 99% of
forms seem to use that.

There's also the case of some forms misusing the _submit function to
trigger a preview form which i need to
look at still.

--
Adrian Rossouw