[development] Severity levels

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Mon Jan 16 16:29:22 UTC 2006

This should (also) be discussed on the docs list.

Where can we put it? IMO a simple bookpage with a link on the issue creation
page should do, not?

Op maandag 16 januari 2006 17:17, schreef Karoly Negyesi:
> extreme critical: when a bug breaks all core , sessions, bootstrap one of
> the form elements or something like that. These are to be fixed
> immediately because Drupal HEAD is not usable at all.
>
> critical bugs render a whole (or most of a) module unusable. Example: you
> can't post a forum topic.
>
> major bugs: a smaller part of a module. You can't add a menu with menu
> module.
>
> -- below these are bugs that do not hold a release --
>
> Normal bugs just bugs, we could even release with these. Just one
> functionality, like the category filter not working on node admin screen.
Can we release with these? Personally I don't really care, and woulod say
'yes'. But that is because I work for my cleints and can filter out therse
bugs before a site goes live. But certainly Joe Schmoe will get a negative
idea about a piece of software that 'has bogs all over the place' (I cannot
find the comment IO refer to, anymore). I think this is up to Dries to
decide, what and how many boogs are still alive when we go live?

> And minor bugs are cosmetical stuff, notices etc
Are those not 'tasks' instead. Or even features?

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_gmx.asc