[development] Developer preview: GoJoinGo a group events service based on Drupal

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Tue Jan 17 20:03:49 UTC 2006

Hello, some of you may have noticed that we have begun checking code
into a new Drupal-based project called GoJoinGo that is intended to
provide a "group events" type of service.  The project includes a
simple bash script that allows you to check out all the necessary
modules using CVS and you can then populate the database.  You will
also notice that there are some significant patches for 4.6 modules.
It is our intention to remove these patches in a Drupal 4.7 release
as most of these patches are already included in Drupal head.

We are now taking the step of providing a developer preview of
GoJoinGo.  We are providing this preview in the hope of attracting
developers to who want to partner with us in delivering sites based
on this code base.  We are currently in the process of deploying
GoJoinGo as a stand-alone group events service, as well as deploying
it to be integrated into two existing commercial websites that are
themselves based on Drupal.

This site is very much in active development, with design
improvements pending.  We are reaching out to the Drupal developer
community, but we are not declaring a public beta.  We reserve the
right to lock the site down if it starts getting blogged as an
official launch.  We will not be answering business questions,
service questions, or feature request questions at this time.  We
will answer questions that fit between <?php and ?>.    Programmers
and site developers who are looking for support should expect to
reciprocate with documentation and patches.

CivicSpace Labs