[development] Path mapping system

Theodore Serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 18 21:19:12 UTC 2006

I know Károly has a session at Vancouver to discuss the path mapping
system, but I'd just like to add that I think this forum topic should
be addressed during this session as well:

http://drupal.org/node/45240

With so many duplicate URLs in a possible Drupal install, search
engines could certainly mark content as "negative" because it is
duplicated under different paths. With a new URL system, we should
make sure we address this issue, in one form or another, whether it be
adding
' rel="no-follow" ' to duplicate links or having a more intelligent
system that makes sure a site uses 1 consistent link/alias instead of
having them mixed about.

Food for though for DrupalCon.

ted