[development] Evil hack: admin/modules without memory restrictions

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Sat Jan 21 09:20:32 UTC 2006

Bèr Kessels wrote:

>Op zaterdag 21 januari 2006 07:18, schreef Gerhard Killesreiter:
>

>>While I agree that these things would be
>>nice to have, it would make more sense to start simple...
>>

>+1
>A thought I recently had was to load the modulles smarter. Instead of loading
>them all we should think of a way to:
> * load a module
> * add the hook_help description output to $descritions[$modulename]
> * de-include that file (this is the hard part :)
> * whipe the file from memory (can PHP do that)
>
>I think that this can be done by freading and evalling the modules.

Don't post before the first coffee. :p
I don't think that your approach would work. Small text files that
contain a description of a module will be much easier to handle.

We currently only need to read the module file to extract the
description of the module and to check whether it has an init or exit
hook. That's all info we use on admin/modules.

Cheers,
    Gerhard