[development] Evil hack: admin/modules without memory restrictions

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 22 15:55:07 UTC 2006

> > I think a file with a particular extension would work well (e.g.
> > modulename.desc - for 'description file'). But adding a .desc file for
> > every core module would be bad - would clutter up the core /modules
> > directory, and is not needed anyway, since there aren't that many core
> > modules, and any decent server can cope with loading all core modules.
>
> Wrong.
>
> All modules should be in their own directories to begin with.
I agree that all modules should have their own directory.

As far as the  info file goes, we can have one for each module, starting with:

     DESC: This is the module description to show in admin/modules

This can even be autogenerated for every existing module by running a one
time script to extract that info from the module itself, similar to what Gerhard
did.

Later, we can add:

    AUTHOR: blah
    VERSION: blah