[development] Evil hack: admin/modules without memory restrictions

Allie Micka allie at pajunas.com
Sun Jan 22 16:10:05 UTC 2006

On Jan 22, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Khalid B wrote:

> As far as the  info file goes, we can have one for each module,
> starting with:
>
>      DESC: This is the module description to show in admin/modules
>
> This can even be autogenerated for every existing module by running
> a one
> time script to extract that info from the module itself, similar to
> what Gerhard
> did.
>
> Later, we can add:
>
>     AUTHOR: blah
>     VERSION: blah
>     DEPENDENCY: blat1
>     DEPENDENCY: blat2
>     DBCREATE: blah.sql
>
> ...etc.
>
> You get the idea.

This seems like a sensible direction. But consider using an ini file
format:

author = blah
version - blah
dependency = "blat1, blat2"

(or all caps, if you like)

parse_ini_file($filename) will make short work of converting this
into a useful array.  And it's already set up for different line
endings, comment formatting (# or ;), and it matches what folks are
already used to.

Allie Micka
pajunas interactive, inc.
http://www.pajunas.com

scalable web hosting and open source strategies