[development] Categorizing modules-demonstrating the value ofthe Drupal platform

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Jan 24 15:44:21 UTC 2006

On 24-Jan-06, at 7:32 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

>> This really should have been built with two vocabularies -- one for
>> top level, one for categorization. Yeah, probably too late now. Means
>> you have to set vocab to multi-hierachy too -- if you want to use XML
>> for both Modules and Themes, has to appear under both hierarchies....
>
> The issue has been in the patch queue for several weeks and links to
> it have been posted on the mailing list.  It's too late now, so let us
> move forward with the tools at hand.  We can always look at
> changing/extending things later on.

I know, which is why I said "too late". Patches aren't quite the same
thing as an overall plan aka DEPs....next time!

> The suggested categories looks like a great starting point.

Thanks. I extended it and stuck it in a wiki here, in case it's
useful: http://dev.bryght.com/t/wiki/DrupalProjectCategories

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595