[development] Issue with multisite url creation for edit forms action parameter...

Tao Starbow starbow at citris-uc.org
Tue Jan 24 18:02:18 UTC 2006

I tried posting this first to the support list, but it might be a little
too deep geek for that list.  This is the only multisite issue I have
been stumped by.   The problem has to do with the url in the action
parameter for the edit forms being created incorrectly (Note: only
tested in 4.6).

This problem only shows up for multisite, and only when I use apache &
$base_url to make a multisite site look like a single site.  For example
the main CITRIS site is really located at
citrissrv2.berkeley.edu/citris.  It sits behind an apache server that
does a proxy pass from www.citris-uc.org  to
citrissrv2.berkeley.edu/citris.  Then I set the site's $base_url to
www.citris-uc.org , and 90% of the time this works fine.  However, when
Drupal generates a edit forms, it prepends "/citris" to the url in the
form's action parameter.  So where it should have
action="/node/123/edit", instead it generates
action="/citris/node/123/edit".  This does not happen when the $base_url
is citrissrv2.berkeley.edu/citris and proxy pass is not used.

To deal with this issue, I set up a symbolic link so that
$durpal_dir/citris just points back to $drupal_dir.  This is an easy fix
that works most of the time.  However, modules such as webform and
project have forms that use secondary pages as subforms, and as the
pages pass the data back-and-forth, I end up with urls like
action="/citris/citris/citris/citris/citris/node/123/edit" and so on,
until the url finally gets too long for the browser to handle, the url
gets clipped & the user is set to an error page.

I suspect I am going to be diving into core to address this one, but I
still hope it might just be a configuration error on my part.  I am
grateful for any tip & leads.

Tao Starbow
Web Architect, CITRIS