[development] Hello from another developer/Want to add some features

Sammy Spets sammys-drupal at synerger.com
Sat Jan 28 11:05:29 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

My maiden post to the list so please be kind. ;)

First of all, congrats to you all for the great product so far. Big
kudos for implementing a proper form api as well! Would love to chat to
someone that designed/implemented it to get some idea of the design.
I'll be happy to draw an image to represent it if I do get that chat.

I've been maintaining a couple drupal run sites for two years and am now
tasked with updating stuff from 4.4 to 4.7. Following is the list of
things i've built into the 4.4 core that i'd like to port into 4.7. As
you can imagine, security holes are very hard to close if you don't keep
the core pure.

Once a feature i'm proposing to implement has been accepted for
inclusion in the core, i'll be happy to submit the patches. If these
things are in the core already, a pointer towards some examples of it's
use in modules would be much appreciated. Any questions about any of the
additions i'm happy to answer.

* Support for form fields to be rendered as either editable or view
only. This has implications when one of the view-only fields is a key
field. Additionally, it would be nice to discuss any ideas you've had
implementing a system-wide user-based module field permission mechanism.
There might be something in place already so forgive me if i've not
rtfm.

* Support for datetime and time fields.

* Disabling changes to usernames and passwords of administrative users
by users having administer users permission.

Is anyone currently addressing the date field support in drupal? It
could do with some localisation features as well, which i'm happy to add
in.

How does all this grab you lot?

Cheers,

--