[development] Re: fixed project releases

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 13:26:23 UTC 2006

On 26 Jan 2006, at 21:35, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>> I spent some time cleaning up various database inconsistencies in
>> the project module tables (fun!).  In total, 1665 releases have
>> been deleted and merged (wow!).  This might make the project pages
>> a tad faster (woot!) and fixes the duplicate versions in the
>> version selectors (yay!).  The downside, however, is that you
>> might want to double check your bookmarks as some URLs might no
>> longer work (sorry!).
>
> To continue the house-cleaning, I intend to remove some old
> releases.  If you look at http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/
> drupal, you'll see that there are some releases that could do with
> being removed or merged.  Examples: '4.3.0-rc', '4.5.0-rc', etc.
> Suggestions are welcome.  If not, I'll proceed based on my own
> judgement.

Did some preliminary research: there are currently 1841 active bugs
(does not include tasks or feature requests) across all projects (not
just the Drupal project).  If I were to mark all active bugs that
have not been touched in the past year as 'fixed', we'd close 146
issues.  If I set the threshold to 9 months, we'd be closing 357
issues instead.

Not an awful lot so I think we are doing reasonably well ... :)