[development] Re: freetagging: let's users select a parentcategory

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at islandnet.com
Tue Jan 31 22:31:19 UTC 2006

> Bèr is talking about a more complex tagging system...

I think your scenario *is* what Bèr is talking about, and I like his idea.

> Imagine that I want to create a "Madrid" city
> so I would like to tag this as "Spain".

you would type

Europe/

for the cagetory, and get a drop-down list of all terms in that term.  Not
finding Spain, you would continue:

Europe/Spain

and when you submitted your post the term would be created as a sub-term of
Europe.

(Caveat: we'd have to disallow some characters in term names (/, :, <, >).