[development] Moderation bit behavior

Yves CHEDEMOIS y.chedemois at free.fr
Tue Jul 4 18:02:45 UTC 2006

Maybe I'm drifting off-topic here,
The published / moderate thing and the possible interference between them
seem to me sort of related to the "node draft feature" patch in
http://drupal.org/node/48731
briefly : allowing a node to have draft versions, that is
unpublished-yet-to-be-reviewed revisions ahead
of the current published version)

There seems to be a consensus on the fact this feature is wanted.
The patch implements this by creating another "publication option"
bit.(draft)
I couldn't tell wether it's the best way to do it, but with the
suppression of the
"historical" moderation bit being mentioned here, I can't help but
thinking there
might be a good opportunity to re-think and enrich drupal publication
mechanisms...

Sorry if this is just me adding noise... I would really like the feature
(if not
the patch itself) to find its way to core one way or the other.

Yched