[development] Moderation bit behavior

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Tue Jul 4 18:06:21 UTC 2006

I don't see it announced on this list, so I'll just note that
pwolanin just announced (to the docs list) a contrib module to handle
workflow issues we've been discussing on the docs list, including
some of the concerns about moderation, publication and node_access.

http://drupal.org/project/content_moderator

> This module allows you to give a "moderate nodes" permission to a
> user role. Users with this permission may see a list of content
> (restriced using the node access table so they cannot see content
> they are normally prohibited) at /admin/content_moderator. Within
> this list they can either approve posts to move them out of
> moderation, or put them into moderation to remove them from public
> view.
>
> Also, uses hook_nodeapi to prevent nodes from going back into
> moderation (if that's their default setting) when edited by a user
> with this permission.
>
> A block is also made available to show the most recent ten posts in
> the moderation queue.
>
> This module is intended to be useful for a site like Drupal.org
> which has a handbook where all users can add book pages, but those
> pages go into the moderation queue. This modules allows the work of
> reviewing and approving those posts to be delegated to additional
> users without giving out the all-powerful "administer nodes"
> permission.

-Laura