[development] Moderation bit behavior

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Wed Jul 5 14:33:13 UTC 2006

Jeff Eaton wrote:
> Maintain a separate table.
I'm against this. I'd much rather have a set of flags attached to the
node object so that we can have exandability without sacrificing
performance by adding even more joins. Even if we don't keep moderate as
is, it would cost us little to leave the flag, even if we remove all
reference to it in core, and leave it as the purview of other modules.

This is especially true since we've removed the ability (at least, I
believe we have) of modules to add fields to the node table by having
removed the 'fields' op from nodeapi.