[development] Moderation bit behavior

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Thu Jul 6 15:25:44 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 10:00, Khalid B wrote:
> hof/hof.module
> links/links_weblink.module

These two are my modules, and I can tell you that I don't really "use" the
moderation bit per se and could easily remove the references to it.

In Hall of Fame (hof.module), I had a request from a user who wanted the bit
respected when checking whether nodes were counted as "published" or not yet
released, so I added it to the query. If the bit goes away, I'll just drop
that column from my query. One-line patch. :-)

In links_weblink, the only reason for its presence is that I create a node
from scratch and needed to initialize this bit along with the others based on
workflow defaults for the node type. Again, if the bit goes away, so does my
need to initialize it.

I don't have strong feelings on the issue one way or the other, but I can say
that taking away the moderation bit won't cause any significant problem for
these two modules, because they don't really exploit the functionality that the
moderation bit was intended to provide. They only touch it in passing.

Scott