[development] Moderation bit behavior

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 00:08:13 UTC 2006

On 7/6/06, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:
> There is no reason why a contrib module can't add flags of its own to
> the node table. The only drawback is that the module author would need
> to set/read the value through nodeapi.
>
> Any such flags - be it the current moderate flag or any other one -
> suffers from the fact that db_rewrite_sql could be used to impose
> conditions on these flags, but there is no way to also select them.

A while back, I posted http://drupal.org/node/60853 -
"hook_db_rewrite_sql should support SELECT and other clauses". I
haven't had time to work on a patch for this, but if anyone else has
the time and the motivation, then please post your patch to this issue
thread.

As I said in the post, I think that this feature would be a huge
benefit to Drupal, in terms of performance, and in terms of
developer-friendliness.

Cheers,
Jaza.