[development] internal link filter & master filter list

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 7 13:21:12 UTC 2006

I'm considering writing a simple input filter module to handle
internal links [1]. It would take paths like node/99 and prefix them
with the appropriate base_path. I have two questions:

1. Is there an official master list of input filter syntax somewhere
that I can consult to make sure I don't use syntax that tromps on
somebody else's existing filters? I was thinking of using something
like [ilink:<internal_path>] (for internal link).

2. Can anyone suggest an alternate solution to the problem I'm trying
to solve [1]? On a related note, I believe ideally, the Links package
[2] should handle internal links as well as external ... not sure if
that's the intention ... Scott?

Thanks,

	Ray

[1] There seems to be no supported solution for including robust
internal links in your content (please educate me if I'm wrong here).
The problem is to find a way to create an internal link in my content
that will continue to work correctly without modification (e.g. like
menu paths do) when I move the site to a new path. See this thread on
the support list for a bit more background: http://lists.drupal.org/
archives/support/2006-07/msg00058.html

[2] http://drupal.org/node/72459