[development] Modules for Core (was: Moderation bit behavior)

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:37:58 UTC 2006

On 07 Jul 2006, at 16:14, Mark Fredrickson wrote:
> actions - a solid API module that can be basis of many other modules
> workflow - a module that uses the actions system to really get
> things done. This could be the replacement for the "status" field
> (along with the node_access module of the user's choice)
> nodequeue - replace the homepage with a nodequeue
> views - i expect to hear a lot of +1s on this. Using this we could
> sort a nodequeue by sticky order and then nodequeue order. This
> answers the question below regarding "stickiness" of nodes in the
> nodequeue.

My list would be:

  * workflow
  * CCK
  * some node-level permission module
  * i18n

None of these are ready for inclusion into core.  In fact, none of
the authors are actively working on getting them included (and that
is OK).  We're building a lightweight CCK module for core at http://
drupal.org/node/62340.  Similarly, we could build a lightweight
workflow, a lightweight views module (or just a views API), etc.  I'd
accept these for inclusion.  Then, over time, we can migrate the more
advanced features from the contributed modules to the core modules --
or let the contributed modules focus on the more advanced features
(extending the core functionality).