[development] Re: Patches

Nick Wilson nick at communicontent.com
Mon Jul 10 16:01:25 UTC 2006

* and then Frando (Franz Heinzmann) declared....
> I'm pretty sure it IS possible to create such a layout that even does allow clears in
> sub-elements.
>
> For instance, [1] did so far always work for me.
>
> I think we should try to get it working only with css, and if everything fails, a table
> layout is constructed in not even an hour.

It is indeed possible to make a base theme pure CSS layout with clears
working properly. Ber's idea of a "theme for starting point for
designers" has been on my wishlist for years. Now if we could get that
vanilla theme with no styles whatsoever, just 100% correct XHTML, then
have styles you can *add* to it, it would rock.

Think "CSS Zen Garden" http://csszengarden.com

--
Nick Wilson
http://performancing.com/user/1