[development] Patches 4.8 - New Theme

sime info at urbits.com
Tue Jul 11 02:52:37 UTC 2006

(First rant)

While everyone is discussing whether a "3-column CSS layout template for
developers" is achievable - I think this development process arse-up.
Discussing implementation issues in absence of something to implement is
wasting time.

Our trialling users, Fantastico users, non-techie administrators, they
want a new "sexy" theme as one of the defaults. For that reason, the
focus has to be on the design first, and therefore we the tools are
Photoshop, Fireworks or GIMP - *not* CSS and HTML. I'm sure we'd have 10
great candidates designs within a week if an announcement went in the
forums. Or let's just expand on a great looking Wordpress theme. Or
let's just have a vote on the best looking contrib theme.

After we have the design, we can knock ourselves out with the
implementation. Until then the clock's ticking, and rehashing ALA
articles is not going to get us anywhere.

Cheers, Simon