[development] Re: Patches

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue Jul 11 14:20:37 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 02:26, Sanduhrs wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 11. Juli 2006 02:08 schrieb Larry Garfield:
> > Actually there is an ALA Holy Grail layout in CVS that I added.  It's
> > still got a few IE bugs (figures) that I've not had a chance to fix yet
> > (patches welcome!!!), but it's intent was to be as a starting point for
> > building fancier "pure" themes.
> >
> > http://drupal.org/node/66150
>
> Hi Larry,
> I already knew that ;)
>
> Please have a look at the two screenshots i made from the Holy Grail theme:
> http://audiens.de/image/holygrail_screenshot_one?size=medium
> http://audiens.de/image/holygrail_screenshot_two?size=medium
>
> Especially the second demonstrates what I meant, when I said this is "a
> method which doesn't work anymore" 5 posts ago. The content area disappears
> completely when clicking on "add a new comment" and leaves miles of white
> space at the bottom of the page.
>
> Another demonstration of this effect is here:
> http://positioniseverything.net/articles/onetruelayout/appendix/equalheight
>problems#linking
> http://positioniseverything.net/articles/onetruelayout/example/equalheighta
>nchors
>
> As far as I know, there's no solution for this bug.
> Or do you know one?

Hum.  I'd not seen those issues before, except with IE.  I don't know of a
solution off hand.

Ah well, so much for that idea, unless you can think of a solution to offer.

/me curses the IE gods for not supporting CSS-defined tables, which would do 3
column layouts so much easier.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012