[development] install system

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Thu Jul 13 15:17:08 UTC 2006

> From: Dries Buytaert
>   - a default profile that doesn't do anything in particular (current

> behavior)
>   - an 'example profile' or 'quickstart profile' which creates some
> example content (eg. an about page, a contact form, some primary
> links, etc)

This has been a hot topic; should the install system itself handle
things like populating content? Or should that be the responsibility of
a profile-specific setup module? I lean towards the latter: putting
site-specific setup behavior, or 'sample site' population, into modules.
They're better equipped to handle the task of wizard-style setup
screens, interaction with the rest of the drupal system, and so on.

--Jeff