[development] Re: links best practices (was Re: internal link filter ...)

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Thu Jul 13 17:20:37 UTC 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 12:59, Ray Zimmerman wrote:
> (2) Currently the weblink.module includes a [weblink:*] filter that
> handles (a) for external links. I believe that filter functionality
> should be split out from the weblink module so that it can be used
> for any links handled by the Links API [6] independently of the
> weblink node type.

I'll respond separately to the rest of the post (excellent discussion, btw),
but wanted to treat this separately.

I've already ported the weblink filter into the base functionality of the
new Links Package. It works fairly similarly to what you describe. Check the
README, online help documentation, and source code comments for details.

Scott