[development] Re: links best practices (was Re: internal link filter ...)

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 13 17:55:47 UTC 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 1:20 PM, Syscrusher wrote:
> On Thursday 13 July 2006 12:59, Ray Zimmerman wrote:
>> (2) Currently the weblink.module includes a [weblink:*] filter that
>> handles (a) for external links. I believe that filter functionality
>> should be split out from the weblink module so that it can be used
>> for any links handled by the Links API [6] independently of the
>> weblink node type.
>
> I'll respond separately to the rest of the post (excellent
> discussion, btw),
> but wanted to treat this separately.
>
> I've already ported the weblink filter into the base functionality
> of the
> new Links Package. It works fairly similarly to what you describe.
> Check the
> README, online help documentation, and source code comments for
> details.

Oops ... I see I was careless (and incorrect) with my references to
the weblink module. I was actually referring to the
links_weblink.module that is part of the new Links Package. I
actually never used the old weblinks.module at all.

So my suggestion still stands, to move the filtering functionality
out of the links_weblink.module so that it can be used without
enabling the weblink node type.

Sorry for the confusion,

	Ray