Archive module (was Re: [development] install system)

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Jul 14 00:04:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Morbus Iff wrote:
>> - One query is not pgsql compatible. As it turned out at
>> http://drupal.org/node/29676 it is not a trivial fix.
>>
>> - Timezones are surely not properly handled yet. Codemonkeyx
>> sometimes added, sometimes substracted the timezone offset
>> from dates. I have not yet looked into this.
>
> For what it's worth, if you based your version off the version attached to
> that issue, I'd blame all failures on me. I modified his version quite a bit,
> not only stylistically, but functionally, and I tackled timezones as well,
> for weeks, with lots of folks chiming in. I eventually gave up because there
> were some indication that timezones could not be accurately represented due
> to corrupted data.
>
> See:
>
>> //drupal.org/node/29676#comment-41762
>> //drupal.org/node/29676#comment-41845

Unfortunately I thought that I will find the latest module in CVS, so I
worked off of that version. Then I found the issue, and compared to the
latest patch (see my findings on the issue). Will see what can be done
with dates.

>> The good in the updated module is that it is now a drop in replacement
>> for archive module (no need to patch anything). It does not have the
>
> As was mine too. Mine also ran cleanly under 4.7 and HEAD. Up until a week

Not really. There was a CSS patch in the CVS version, and also in your
version. You kept reminding people on every iteration that the previously
posted CSS patch still need to be applied.

> ago, I had been using it on disobey.com, but have since removed it in
> preparation of Views 1.0, which I'll use for archives instead.

Good, so someone will build an archive based on views :)

Gabor