Archive module (was Re: [development] install system)

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Jul 13 23:32:16 UTC 2006

>  - One query is not pgsql compatible. As it turned out at
>    http://drupal.org/node/29676 it is not a trivial fix.
>
>  - Timezones are surely not properly handled yet. Codemonkeyx
>    sometimes added, sometimes substracted the timezone offset
>    from dates. I have not yet looked into this.

For what it's worth, if you based your version off the version attached
to that issue, I'd blame all failures on me. I modified his version
quite a bit, not only stylistically, but functionally, and I tackled
timezones as well, for weeks, with lots of folks chiming in. I
eventually gave up because there were some indication that timezones
could not be accurately represented due to corrupted data.

See:

  http://drupal.org/node/29676#comment-41762
  http://drupal.org/node/29676#comment-41845

> The good in the updated module is that it is now a drop in replacement
> for archive module (no need to patch anything). It does not have the

As was mine too. Mine also ran cleanly under 4.7 and HEAD. Up until a
week ago, I had been using it on disobey.com, but have since removed it
in preparation of Views 1.0, which I'll use for archives instead.

--
Morbus Iff ( think about the good things that I did for you )