[development] Caching, caching, caching...

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Fri Jul 14 21:55:15 UTC 2006

Op 14-jul-2006, om 20:22 heeft Gerhard Killesreiter het volgende
geschreven:

>>> SELECT * FROM url_alias, I'd be surprized if that had changed.
>>> The individual query is very short but there are probably 120 per
>>> page on average.
>>>
>> Are there reasonable assumptions we can make about certain URLs?
>> Like, can we assume that people don't want to alias '?q=qcomment/
>> reply/123'?
>>
> Maybe.
>> Or ?q=contact?  Or q=user/register and ?q=user/password?
>>
> I always alias those for sites in German.
>> If we can make some simple assumptions, we might be able to save a
>> helluvalot database queries (per page view) ...  Food for thought.
>>
> Frankly, I don't think we will get a lot of agreement on what can
> be aliased and what not. We might be able to devise a solution that
> works similar to the translations cache on a per page basis.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Gerhard

What if we alias by default?

So if we do instead of ?q=node/$nid ?q=$node->type/$node->title or
even ?q=$node->tite?

Looking through the maasive use of the path.module and the
mass_url.module we can say people do want fancy _and_ easy to
remember url's..

Just some thought...

Stefan