[development] Caching, caching, caching...

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Jul 18 18:21:58 UTC 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 2:55 PM, Stefan Nagtegaal wrote:

> What if we alias by default?
>
> So if we do instead of ?q=node/$nid ?q=$node->type/$node->title or
> even ?q=$node->tite?
>
> Looking through the maasive use of the path.module and the
> mass_url.module we can say people do want fancy _and_ easy to
> remember url's..

that would be a complete nightmare for issue nodes, since the titles
can change all the time, yet people need easy to paste, unique URLs
to refer to issues with.

also, titles can contain a lot of characters that aren't valid URLs...

there's a reason path.module and mass_url.module are in contrib...
not everyone wants that behavior (for good reason).  personally,
leaving things as /node/X by default (with optional aliases where
desired) is sort of like having your site automatically filtered
through tinyurl.com. ;)

-1 from me...

-derek