[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Jul 18 14:21:17 UTC 2006

On 7/18/06, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:
> We should not strive to take choices away from people who want to build
> websites.

That's probably the best point.  I think this should only be exposed
to the "power user" or anyone with admin access, but not an everyday
"user" (which I believe is the current intention of Chad and Killes).

For other examples of this kind of interaction: I love some of the
"trashbin" features in GMail which are similar to this.  For example -
I had composed a resonse to Neil, then decided against it so I
"discarded" the response.  But GMail doesn't delete it, it just hides
it.  Then if I decide I want it back I can just un-discard the
response and I have the content again.  While this is not a common
interaction model on many websites, it is a fancy helpful and
easy-to-use one!

We already have settings in Core that allow drupal's site-admins to
create sites with wildly different functionality: the comment
sorting/viewing/posting settings can make different sites very
different from each other.  I see that as a strength, not a weakness.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com