[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Jul 18 14:28:23 UTC 2006

Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:
> On 7/18/06, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:
>> We should not strive to take choices away from people who want to build
>> websites.
>
> That's probably the best point.  I think this should only be exposed
> to the "power user" or anyone with admin access, but not an everyday
> "user" (which I believe is the current intention of Chad and Killes).

No, at least not mine. The idea is to allow for modules to handle the
deletes by implementing hooks. Modules are enabled by site admins not
end users.

If I write "user" in a Drupal development context, I always mean the
person that downloads drupal-4.7.x.tar.gz, installs it, and creates the
site. The users of said site are that site's users not Drupal's.

Cheers,
	Gerhard