[development] what's a "user"? (was re: Have you ever laughed fate in the face?)

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Jul 18 17:16:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Derek Wright wrote:
> we, the drupal developers, should be concerned about the usability of drupal
> for both of these sets of "users".  i think it's more consistent to call the
> end-users of drupal sites "users" and the people who download and install
> drupal the "admins".  that's how it breaks down for them, that's the basic

Nope. A lot of people work here to set up sites and then leave to others
to administer. Then those admins use what they got. So they have never
bothered downloading the site software, they might not even know that they
are administering a Drupal based site. Admins is not the right
terminology, it only assumes ongoing maintanance IMHO.

Gabor