[development] what's a "user"? (was re: Have you ever laughedfate in the face?)

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Wed Jul 19 07:28:33 UTC 2006

General commentary.

For what it's worth.  The definition for several years has been 'user', person who uses Drupal to build sites.  The person who uses your site is 'your' user, audience or customer depending on your site. :D

This is something that the vast majority of the documentation is setup for (not all).  I keep forgetting that it needs to be written down somewhere for people.

That said, periodic discussions about 'end users', ease of use and better interfaces, etc happen all the time.  Each time things generally get a little better for both 'users' and various other audiences.  Better interfaces in general provide better tools for 'users' to use to implement their site.

Unfortunatly, the words are pretty accurate for the context in which they are used, but because they are from a certain perspective there aren't a lot of different words to define 'end user' unless we start using long phrases like site's target audience, etc....

-sp

snipped