[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri Jul 21 03:38:59 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> remember to check "WHERE deleted=0".  Do we really want to introduce that
> extra step?
>
> I'm not giving this thumbs up or down, just pointing out that there are more
> costs involved in such a mechanism than tweaking a few queries in the patch.

We already generally need a "where status = " on most queries so this
is just one more where clause.  I'm sure people protested about the
"status =" when it was introduced, but it makes sense in the long run.
 This is similar - we will grumble while we transition and love it in
the long run.

Maybe I'm just being overly tolerant, maybe this is the straw that
breaks the camel's back, but I don't think this is _that_much_ more
painful than the current query system that it necessitates a whole new
object API to replace SQL access.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com