[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Fri Jul 21 17:57:41 UTC 2006

On 20-Jul-06, at 1:26 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Why don't we add a status-field with two states -- STATUS_ACTIVE
> and STATUS_DELETED -- to each of the database tables with records
> that want to take advantage of the trashbin functionality?

+1 for this.  I'd like to see some standardization of 'status'
semantics throughout (anyone else get annoyed that '0' is published
for contents and '1' is published for nodes and users?). I also like
that this can be further extended to include additional STATUS values.

Shouldn't it be STATUS_ACTIVE, STATUS_UNPUBLISHED and STATUS_DELETED
though? Or am I misreading your intention?

As noted later in the thread - we already *should* have WHERE
status=1 clauses in most modules (those that don't already have bugs,
imo)... so this would be a natural extention ... i.e. most modules
would only ever list where status=STATUS_ACTIVE.

James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net