[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

Alan Dixon alan.g.dixon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 17:12:43 UTC 2006

Seems like there are few different visions of what this thing is.

I'm all for the simpler node, users and comments only undelete feature
(since I mostly only provide this access to end users). I can see the
beauty and power of a full sql-based undo feature (and it makes me
think about the whole staging discussion earlier), though it also
makes me shiver with fear about the scalability of such a thing on a
busy site, and how much mysql overhead it might be generating.
For that kind of rollback, i'd depend more on daily sqldumps, I think.

 - Alan

--
Alan Dixon, Web Developer
http://alan.g.dixon.googlepages.com/