[development] LinksDB vs. Links

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Jul 28 15:17:08 UTC 2006

On 7/28/06, Matthew Jenkins <mattj at inty.net> wrote:

> I have just taken a look at the links module, and it seem to do quite a
> bit more than the linksdb module.
>
> I do recall looking at it once and thinking 'what on earth is all this?
> does it do what I want? it looks far too complex.  An API? just for
> links?  eek!' so I made LinksDB which is small, simple, and does just
> what I (and, judging by the feedback I've had from it, many other
> people) want.

Links not being actively driven forward and actually completed has made
"competing" solutions appear. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

There is also Easylinks: http://drupal.org/project/easylinks

Also, CCKs URL field plus Views lets people build flexible links
directories.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747